Focus Medical Spa is now pleased to offer Lumenis™ LightSheer™, which is the gold standard for hair removal in every corner of the world. As the world’s most advanced treatment for effective removal of unwanted hair, this is great news for men and women who want to get rid of excessive hair. LightSheerT treatments are a safe, noninvasive, long-term solution to unwanted hair on all body parts and on any skin type or complexion. You can resume your regular activity immediately following treatment. It is that easy. The hairs in an active growth phase are most affected by the laser. Since all hairs are not in this phase at the same time, more than one treatment will be necessary to achieve the best desired results. Laser treatment itself may cause some discomfort. Most patients tolerate the procedure well, but because some areas of the body are more sensitive than others, topical anesthesia can be an option. Side effects, if any, are minor.
- Click Here to Read Article: Look & Feel Years Younger with FDA-Approved, Non-Invasive Cosmetic Procedures
- Click Here to Read Article: How to Choose the Right Laser Hair Removal Clinic
- Click Here to Read Article: Laser Hair Removal For Men
A laser produces a beam of highly concentrated light. The light emitted by the LightSheer™ diode laser is well absorbed by the pigment located in hair follicles. During the procedure, the laser pulses for a fraction of a second, long enough to heat up the hair and significantly impede the follicle’s ability to re-grow. This process also treats numerous hair follicles simultaneously. Therefore, LightSheer™ is appropriate for treating even the largest areas of the body both quickly and effectively.
The combination of this cooling method and other key parameters allows for safe and effective treatment in all skin types, including ethnic and tanned skin.
An important part of the procedure is the cooling of the skin. A special contact-cooling handpiece allows your physician to treat even the most sensitive skin. It protects and cools the upper layer of the skin before, during and after each laser pulse while directing the laser energy to the hair root.
The appearance of the treated area immediately following treatment will vary from patient to patient depending on the extent of the procedure and skin type. Side effects, if any, are minor. They may include redness and swelling around the hair follicle, which are, in fact, desired clinical results and indicate that the follicle has responded to the treatment. Most people return to normal activity right away. We will be happy to tell you more about your treatment, possible side effects and what results you can expect during your consultation.
It is important to know that the hairs in an active growth phase are most affected by the laser. As all hairs are not in this phase at the same time, more than one treatment will be necessary to achieve the best result. In general, five to six treatments are required at four week intervals. Many factors can affect treatment results: hair color, hair thickness, skin color, hormones and age.
The three main advantages to the LightSheer™ hair removal technology are comfort, safety and reliability. The LightSheer™ has a patented contact-cooling handpiece that helps to cool the skin and reduce pain and burning at the treatment site.
The laser treatment itself may cause some discomfort. Most patients tolerate the procedure well but because some areas of the body are more sensitive than others, topical anesthesia can be an option. The laser pulse is often described as a wave of heat with a pinprick or rubber band snapping sensation.
- Do not tweeze, wax, use a depilatory or undergo electrolysis in the areas you wish to have treated for 6 weeks prior to laser hair removal.
- Do not tan the areas to be treated for 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- Avoid using self-tanning products for 2 weeks prior to treatment.
- Shave area to be treated prior to appointment as skin should be clean of stubble.
- Apply anesthetic cream at least 30 minutes prior to appointment time and cover with plastic wrap.
- Some redness and swelling in the area is normal after treatment and may feel similar to a sunburn. This should resolve within several hours to several days after treatment.
- Gently clean area twice daily.
- Avoid irritants (glycolics, retinoids, etc.) for seven days after treatment.
- Apply sunscreen for SPF 30 daily over the treated area.
- No deodorant if underarms are treated.
- Avoid exercise until redness has cleared.
- Do not pick, scratch, or tweeze.
- Apply hydrocortisone 1% or aloe vera until erythema (redness) is gone.
- You may apply ice immediately after treatment.
The cost of treatment depends on the area being treated and how many treatments are needed. We use the gold standard LightSheer™ by Lumenis which is the most effective and safest method in comparison to other technology in use at other clinics. We can treat larger areas in less time and, because it is so effective, overall, fewer treatments are needed. As a result, the price will be lower. For example, another clinic may quote a lower price but since they do not utilize the most effective and expensive laser machine, you may need more treatments than you need with LightSheer™. Therefore, one should be aware that the price does not mean much until you know who is performing the procedure and what type of technology they are using.